Thursday, October 21, 2010

Workin' on Wednesday and Thursday

We hung a significant amount of sheet rock.  It felt good to take over some of the drywall duties.  When Bob was busy with something else,  I looked for things to keep busy, and usually found them in another room with more sheet rock.  I'm not going to lie.  I'm not very good at it.  When Barry, the construction coordinator we are working with stopped by, he suggested we make a few changes, which we did on Thursday morning.

The house Howard's team is working on is about ready for texture to be sprayed on.  On the past few trips, I've seen all the houses we have been working on.  This time, I don't think I'll get a chance to see Howard's house, except in pictures.

It wouldn't be honest if I didn't wonder about this house we are working for.  It's half of a duplex.  (This is the house Bob's team is working on).  And I hesitate to talk about this, but honesty is better, right?  The owner lives in the other half.  And I think (from overhearing him talk to a guy delivering plumbing parts) that he owns the house next door.  I'm not sure he qualifies as "least, last, lost."  It's probably better not to ask if you don't want to know.  But I am curious.  And I want to know how this guy qualifies.  Usually, we can say, we helped get someone back into their home.  This time, I think we would have to say, we helped a guy be able to rent out the other half of his duplex.  So am I a schmuck for asking?  Maybe we are supposed to just bless.  And be blessed, right?  Does someone have to "deserve" restoration on their house?  In the Bible, I guess it says that if someone sues you for your tunic, you give your cloak also.  If they force you to walk a mile with them, walk 2.  That is the best I can find to tell me how to respond to this.  The only other thing to tell myself is that I don't know the situation for sure.  I have been asked to hang drywall.  I will hang drywall.   I might not be very good at it, but I will do the best I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust he qualified. He might look healthy but may not be. MS patients look healthy until they have an episode. Maybe restoring the other half will allow him to stay in his half. You are doing great work, stick to the work and don't let ugly "stuff"/thoughts rear its head. You are blessing him in ways you may not know!!!! TRUST!
Love You,
Jodelle

Unknown said...

Yes, you are blessed to be a blessing. Even if you are fixing up a rental, aren't there lots of people who need to rent. There is no way to know just how your service will impact others. I know that sometimes things can get frustrating, but hang in there, you are doing God's work and His wisdom is beyond ours! :)

Blessings,
PC