Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wanted to get this out quick

Hi all-

I haven't written the Epilogue for the Minot trip yet, but wanted to let you know of a service opportunity in the Twin Cities this weekend, and a fundraiser for New Orleans rebuilding this weekend.

1-  Service:  My friend, Duane Lunsford is organizing a group of people to help finish an apartment building with units dedicated to helping people get out of an unhealthy lifestyle.  The work will be from 8:30ish in the am this Saturday until about 2:00pm.  The work will be possibly drywall, tile, paint, finish work, unknown for certain.  If you want to go, let me know and I'll tell where and when to meet.

2.-  Fundraiser:  At our Silent Auction just before NOLA 6, there was a guest from New Orleans that is connected with Hamline University and a service group that goes from Hamline.  They are having a Mardi Gras Fundraiser this Saturday evening at Hamline.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll fwd. you the email they sent me.  It would be nice for the NOLA team to show up and support this group since they supported us last trip.  

Let me know if you're in on either one of these events.  

R

--
The spiritual life cannot be made suburban.  It is always frontier, and we who live in it must accept and even rejoice that it remains untamed.
--  Howard Macey

No comments: