Friday, April 23, 2010

NOLA 4- The day before

Hello prayer supporters and well-wishers and friends and family and
people that are getting this because I happen to have your email
address-

First- let me remind everyone that if you don't want to get these
emails, let me know and I will remove your name from the list. There
is a way to subscribe to our blog (where this is also posted). I
think you have to join a google service, though (like gmail). If,
when you are in our blog, you opt to "follow" us, and then using the
"reader" function, you can get notifications when we post. I think.
I do see a day where this form of communication is obsolete.
(remember the stamp and envelope days?)

You can also join us on Facebook. Search for River Bend Mission Team-
and you'll see the pictures of the ducks. Become a fan and you'll get
updated each time we post, too. I honestly am trying to figure out
how to best use all the social networking media and everything else
that will help us be in front of you.

This Saturday morning we take off with our largest group so far.
There will be 30 participants of NOLA 4. We have four meeting up with
us from Kentucky. We have two meeting up with us from Michigan. We
have Bob meeting up with us from Indianapolis. And 23 others, 11 of
which are first timers to River Bend. This is exciting, and presents
challenges. There are people that never were able to make it to a
team meeting before the trip, and so to integrate them into the team
and to make sure everyone is on the same page.

We leave in less than 24 hours and I have to pack and pick up rental
equipment and several other things and I have to work again tonight at
10:00pm. I'm not sure what I would do, though, if I wasn't running in
100 different directions at once.

We have the Commissioning service tonight at Salem UMC at 7:00pm if
anyone is in town and wants to come send us out.

This is going to be good.

R

--
The spiritual life cannot be made suburban. It is always frontier,
and we who live in it must accept and even rejoice that it remains
untamed.
-- Howard Macey

No comments: