Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Crisfield3- the 2nd work day

Business as usual.  Dug out some more clam holes.  Cut another hole in the floor, Poured cement.  Bent some rebar.  The inspector likes it.  He will be by in the morning to see about the cement pillars we are going to pour.  There was question about how to do it.  

Tomorrow I think we are going to pour some cement pillars in a round form about a foot in diameter.  Then once that dries, we are going to put a couple 2x8's across pairs of pillars and use them to shore up the floor joists.  I'll know more when it happens.  

In an odd change of scenery, I (Rod Sc.) stayed back to work on a paper that I have due for my class on Saturday.  I am about a third done with it.  I may have to stay back tomorrow, too.  I feel odd not helping on the work site.  They did just fine without me today, though, so they will probably do just fine without me again tomorrow.  But It sure feels funny.  

Prayers for continued team unity and safety.  
Prayers for our home owners M and M.  
Prayers for our families left behind. 
Prayers for me to get this paper done.  

There are pictures from today on our Facebook Page ((click here for Facebook)-  Like us if you have not.

The same pictures are here (Click here for our Picsasa site) on our Picasa site, but there are no captions.  

Thank you for being part of this story with us.  It is good to have you with us!

R

--
Are you a tool?

Christ has no body on earth but yours,
no hands but yours,
no feet but yours.
Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out;
yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good;
and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.  
(St. Teresa of Avila)

No comments: