Monday, August 31, 2015

Marquette3- Almost the end

We ALMOST finished our work project at Jill and Ian's house.  This means one more trip out there.  There are only a few things left to do and I'm guessing we could finish them in a day.  We should paint the dining room ceiling.  And we need to install some trim that didn't get done.  And paint the bathroom again.  There could be some more shelving in the basement, and there are leftover building materials in the garage that need to be dealt with.  And I suppose someone could work on putting back all the things we moved so we had room to work.  

So there may be one more update about the Marquette 2015 project.  

In the meantime, our Facebook page has captions on a lot more pictures than the Picassa page.  (It has to do with uploading them into an album and anyone with a better idea than Picasa should tell me what you recommend)  Anyway, here are the links:  


It was a fantastic project to work on.  A different scope than we've done before.  I would say that I learned a lot from it in terms of planning out projects like this.  There are some things I would do differently (finding the balance between buying nice things that look good in the house vs. being frugal with the money donated to the project for one, maybe charging more for two?) and things I wouldn't change (looking for reasons to say, "yes, we can do that.")  I loved bringing people to Marquette and made some great connections there.  I loved bringing people to love on Jill and Ian.  

Once all the bills come in and everything is wrapped up, I'll post one more time about this project with some totals and anything else I can think of that would be pertinent.  

Thank you a bunch for following this with us and being a part in whatever way you could.  We love that you are with us. 

Rod
--
Are you a tool?

Christ has no body on earth but yours,
no hands but yours,
not feet but yours.
Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out;
your are the feet with which He is to go about doing good;
and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.  
(St. Teresa of Avila)

No comments: